‣ The Philadelphia 76ers offered James Harden to the Los Angeles Clippers for a first-round draft pick, pick swap, and Terance Mann, but the Clippers rejected the offer.
‣ Clippers president Lawrence Frank reiterated the team’s decision to not include Terance Mann in any trade for Harden.
‣ Harden may face fines for missing preseason and regular season games without the team’s consent.
‣ The Philadelphia 76ers have ninth-shortest odds to win the championship, with better odds for the Boston Celtics, Milwaukee Bucks, and Miami Heat.
‣ The Clippers’ willingness to offer two first-round picks in a potential trade for Harden has been refused by the 76ers due to the quality of the picks.
‣ Terance Mann ranks among the top performers for the Clippers since being drafted in 2019.
‣ Mann is now eligible to sign a contract extension with the Clippers.
‣ Mann had impressive stats and performances in the previous season.
This story by Sam confirms what I reported last night:
The reason Harden is not a Clipper right now is because the Clippers refuse to include *Terance Mann* in any trade.
As I said yesterday, the Sixers offered Harden for Mann, a 1st & a swap (and cap filler) & LAC said no.
— nick wright (@getnickwright)
The latest rumors surrounding the Philadelphia 76ers involve their attempt to acquire James Harden from the Houston Rockets. The team reportedly offered a package including a first-round draft pick, a pick swap, and player Terance Mann to the Los Angeles Clippers, but the offer was rejected. This rejection led to Harden skipping practice and potentially facing a hefty fine for each missed game without consent.
According to NBA betting sites, the 76ers are not favored as strongly as other teams like the Boston Celtics, Milwaukee Bucks, and Miami Heat to win the championship in 2024. However, there is still a chance for the 76ers to make a move that could improve their title contention.
It seems that the main hurdle in the potential trade for Harden lies with the Clippers’ refusal to include Terance Mann. The Sixers have demanded two first-round draft picks for Mann in the trade, but the Clippers have not met this requirement. Harden’s frustration is more directed towards the Clippers, as he continues to communicate with the 76ers’ general manager and has not ignored their messages.
Terance Mann has been a valuable player for the Clippers since being drafted in 2019, ranking in the top five for various statistical categories. He is now eligible for a contract extension that could keep him with the Clippers until the 2025-26 season. Mann had a solid season last year, averaging 8.8 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 2.3 assists per game.
It remains to be seen how these rumors will play out, but it is clear that the 76ers are trying to make moves to improve their roster and compete for a championship.